Policy Service Subscription
Your board can meet the challenges of the rapidly changing environment for school district governance and management with a TASB Policy Service subscription.
Good governance starts with good policy. A Policy Service subscription helps districts and boards draft, adopt, and implement school district policy.
A Policy Service subscription is available to TASB members on a fee basis. The subscription includes:
- Updates to the TASB Policy Reference Manual
- Updates to the TASB Regulations Resource Manual
- Publications available in the Governance and Management Library
- Policy Alerts and other policy-related communications
- Legal Tips from TASB Legal Services, providing practical legal advice about policy issues
- The annual update to the TASB Model Student Handbook, provided in English and Spanish
- The biennial update to the TASB Model Student Code of Conduct, provided in English and Spanish
- Telephone and policy drafting assistance from your Policy Service consultant, to improve and clarify policy language before board adoption
How to Subscribe
Ask about TASB Policy Service membership to access an online library of reference information, model documents, and policy assistance. Annual subscription fees are based on district enrollment. For an additional fee, Policy Service provides updates to your policy manual based on locally initiated changes, updates to align with changes in law, and access to your policy manual through Policy Online®.
Contact Policy Service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by calling 800-580-7529 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available Solutions & Services
Participation is subject to specific program eligibility.
Policy Service Consulting
Get individualized guidance based on the unique characteristics and needs of your district with a TASB Policy Service consultant.
Governance and Management Library
The Governance and Management Library provides policy resources and model publications in one convenient place.
Legal Tips for Policy Development
Legal Tips provide an overview of legal issues in policy and implementation that can help your district.
Local District Updates
Use Local District Updates to ensure your district policy manual stays updated when there is a need to add, amend, or delete a policy.
Model Student Code of Conduct
Meet legal requirements and communicate clearly with students and parents using TASB’s Model Student Code of Conduct.
Model Student Handbook
Develop your student handbook with confidence using TASB’s Model Student Handbook from Policy Service.
Policy Service Numbered Update
TASB Policy Service and TASB Legal Services monitor and analyze policy implications and prepare Numbered Updates for your district.
TASB’s Policy Online® helps streamline the process of adopting and updating district policies.
Policy Review Session
A TASB Policy Review Session is a great way to be sure board policies align with district practices.
Regulations Resource Manual
Why create administrative regulations and forms from scratch when you can use the Regulations Resource Manual?