TASB Energy Cooperative Membership
Lock in budget certainty with competitive fixed rates on electricity, transportation fuels, and other types of commodities through TASB Energy Cooperative.
Make your budget more predictable with competitive, fixed rates on electricity and fuel through the TASB Energy Cooperative. The Cooperative was created in 2008 to help governmental entities with the procurement of electricity, transportation fuels, and other types of energy products, commodities, and services.
The Energy Cooperative seeks to increase purchasing power and create budget certainty for school districts, colleges, universities, and governmental entities across Texas. Plus, membership is free! We have two programs built to accommodate member energy needs.
- Compliance and transparency: Vendors awarded through the TASB Energy Cooperative are chosen through a publicly advertised, competitive solicitation process.
- Member governance: The TASB Energy Cooperative is governed by a board of trustees made up of elected officials and employees of Cooperative members. The board awards all contracts directly with no delegation of award authority to staff.
- Purchasing power: The TASB Energy Cooperative supports and combines the power of local governments, providing members with competitive pricing and value.
- Stability and budget certainty: Programs are built to benefit public schools and local governments, with fixed-rate options that help entities with budget certainty.
How Do I Join?
The Cooperative is open to governmental entities in Texas that are authorized to be a party to an interlocal agreement under the Interlocal Cooperation Act. The following entities must be members of the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) to participate:
- Texas school districts including open enrollment and college/university charter schools
- Educational cooperatives
- Community colleges
- Central appraisal districts
Membership is free and easy:
- Complete the Interlocal Agreement (pdf).
- Email the executed form to email@example.com or mail it to:
TASB Energy Cooperative
12007 Research Boulevard
Austin, TX 78759
Once these steps are completed, you’ll be able to work with a consultant on the specific program contract(s) that best fit your organization’s needs.Have Questions? Contact Us
TASB Energy Cooperative Disclosure
The TASB Energy Cooperative electricity purchasing program is administered by the Texas Association of School Boards, Inc. (TASB), an electricity broker and aggregator registered with the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
Available Solutions & Services
Participation is subject to specific program eligibility.
TASB Energy Cooperative
The Energy Cooperative helps school districts, colleges, universities, and governmental entities across Texas increase purchasing power and create budget certainty.
TASB Energy Cooperative Electricity Program
Members in deregulated electricity areas in Texas can procure electricity through a service agreement with a retail electric provider awarded by the TASB Energy Cooperative.