From The TASB Store
TASB has a number of useful resources available on the TASB Store to support you and your board.
Whether you are thinking about running for your local school board, are a new trustee, or a veteran board member, TASB has a number of useful resources available on the TASB Store to support you and your board. These resources offer tips, share best practices, procedures, and processes.
- Guide for School Board Candidates: A must-have for informed candidates.
For New Board Members
- Getting Started as a New School Board Member: A concise overview of the structure of school governance, the board's role and operations, and keys to effective service.
- A New Board Member’s Guide to Parliamentary Procedure: An overview of the parliamentary rules that board members are most likely to use.
For Board Officers
- Getting Started as a New School Board President: Tips for building strong relationships with the superintendent and board, speaking on behalf of the board to the community, and preparing for and conducting meetings.
- A Board President’s Guide to Meeting Preparation: Tips on preparing an annual calendar for meeting topics and other board activities, preparing agendas with the superintendent, and designing a template for background information to ensure the board has adequate information for decision making.
- A Board President’s Guide to Parliamentary Procedure: An overview of the parliamentary rules school board presidents are most likely to use. Includes clarification of some frequently misunderstood or misused rules and motion charts that can be used as references in meetings.