Life at TASB
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. Here’s a snapshot of the TASB culture.
As TASBeans (our internal name for employees), we feel privileged to work alongside talented team members who are passionate about public education and the learning opportunities it provides. And our commitment to education and learning doesn’t end there. Our culture has always encouraged employees to grow and become their best selves both professionally and personally. But there’s more!
TASB offers competitive pay, rich benefits (including retirement matching of 2:1 up to 5% after one year. This means that if you contribute 5% to the plan, TASB will contribute 10%), onsite childcare, gym, fitness classes, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and more. Many positions are eligible for a hybrid work schedule depending on business needs.
The TASB Difference
At TASB, we look forward to Mondays because we know our work makes a difference in the lives of students and their communities. We also believe in celebrating our wins, from handwritten kudos cards to annual events, like our end-of-the-year gathering. And sometimes it’s about celebrating the every day, whether that’s Halloween or a Texas team winning the World Series.
It’s no wonder that TASBeans stay with TASB for an average of 10 years. TASB is a place where careers thrive and friendships flourish. But don’t take our word for it; take theirs.
Our inclusive, friendly work environment encourages employees to innovate, collaborate, and grow. Here’s a snapshot of the TASB culture:
- Enjoy competitive pay and rich benefit offerings.
- Be part of a collaborative environment where every contribution impacts Texas public schoolchildren.
- Thrive in a culture that promotes bringing your whole self to work every day and emphasizes work-life balance.
- Learn and grow individually and together through frequent professional development, panels, wellness seminars, and more.
- Work alongside transparent leaders with an open and consistent approach to communications and feedback.
- Celebrate as a team with meaningful (and fun) events and signs of appreciation throughout the year.
TASB values its employees and seeks to create a workplace where its employees feel welcomed, valued, compensated fairly, and appreciated for the work they do.
Our culture encourages work-life balance, and our benefits are centered around you and your family. We are passionate about giving you the resources you need to thrive, with benefits for you and your loved ones focused on supporting your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing.
At TASB, we live out our values. Our commitment to education starts right here, with our high-quality, onsite preschool open to employees and their families. In addition, everyone at TASB can join a committee, each with a unique focus on improving the organization and the communities we serve.
Each year we make a difference in our communities by:
- Raising money and volunteering at a local elementary school
- Holding school supply, sock, bag, and toiletry drives
- Scheduling a quarterly onsite blood drive
- Offering two paid days off to volunteer to support voting
- Creating test prep kits for students and holding other service activities
- Writing Pen Pal letters to local fifth grade students
- Donating and delivering holiday meals to families in need
- Supporting MASBA and Black Caucus scholarships
Join TASB. Find community. Make a difference.