Executive Search Services for School Boards
When your district needs a superintendent with vision, goals, and the experience to lead, let our expert search team support you through every step of the recruiting process.
The Texas Association of School Board (TASB) Executive Search Services (ESS) has been building successful leadership teams in Texas school districts for more than 30 years. We know the education landscape and are dedicated to finding exceptional leaders to ensure success and excellence for your students, district staff, and community. In addition to searches we conduct for Texas districts, ESS works and builds relationships with candidates seeking new leadership roles and supports districts that want to conduct their own searches, sharing useful information for conducting the process.
TASB ESS works with school boards, school districts, and applicants to make sure all parties involved are taken care of from start to finish, resulting in successful schools with strong leadership.
Visit our LinkedIn page.
We Know Texas
With more than 100 Texas district superintendent positions filled with our assistance over the last five years, we understand the process and recognize the individual needs of each district.
Our deep local knowledge and education-specific expertise in addition to our years of experience will serve you well during your executive search process.
What a Superintendent Search Includes
Selecting a superintendent is one of the most important and weighty tasks that a school board must take on, which is why every search includes:
- Community involvement: Through group sessions and online surveys, you’ll learn the thoughts and perceptions of parents, students, staff, and other community members, helping secure their commitment to the new district leader.
- Individualized leadership profile: Every school community has different demographics, needs, and priorities. Our experts use your district’s unique leadership profile to attract candidates who will meet its expectations.
- Search plan: Based on your district’s leadership profile and its specific needs, our recruiting experts coordinate all aspects of the search. We work with our recruiting consultants to ensure you are presented with the most qualified candidates — and we can search statewide and nationally.
- Candidate interviews: We use the state-of-the-art applicant interview software VidCruiter to make the superintendent interview process seamless and expeditious.
- Transition support: Once the search is complete and your district has selected its new superintendent, we assist your district and support it through a successful transition of power.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: Our services are all-inclusive, and your district pays a one-time fee based on its average daily attendance, which includes travel and expenses. Districts can also specify any customized services it wants included in the fee. Your district can rely on the TASB ESS guarantee, which states:
- We will continue the search until a satisfactory candidate is hired by the board.
- If the superintendent leaves within two years of hiring, ESS will reopen the search with no additional consulting fee. The district will cover only travel and expenses.
With deep experience and district connections, the ESS team of experts can conduct statewide and national searches to find the best candidates to lead your team. As an Active TASB Member, your district pays a one-time fee based on its average daily attendance, which includes travel and expenses.