Skip To Content

CPE Exemption Available

photo of a man signing documents with a pen

The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has announced the availability of a continuing professional education (CPE) exemption for educators possessing an invalid certificate due to a lack of required CPE hours.

The hardship exception may be requested by a local education agency (LEA) on behalf of the educator and is valid for the academic year of the application. The superintendent or LEA designee may request an extension of the exemption for up to one additional academic year.

The exemption request form must be completed and signed by the superintendent or designee and will also require information and a signature from the teacher.

For more information, including requirements, the exemption form, and FAQs, visit the TEA Continuing Professional Education Information website.

Was this article helpful?
Sarah James
Sarah James
Communications Specialist

Sarah James joined HR Services in 2019. Prior to that, she worked at a Central Texas school district for 11 years. She is responsible for managing web content, HR Services articles, HRX newsletter, social media accounts, and marketing efforts.

James has a bachelor’s degree in communications from Concordia University Texas in Austin.

Email Sarah if you have a story idea for the HRX.

HRX Logo

Subscribe to HRX

Stay up to date with all the latest HR news and trends by joining the HRX mailing list!