TASB Media Honor Roll
Get your favorite reporter or media outlet on the TASB Media Honor Roll for supporting Texas public education.
The Media Honor Roll recognizes individuals and organizations in digital, print, radio, and television media who:
- Make the effort to get to know the superintendent, board president, and district’s mission and goals
- Report school news in a manner that is fair, accurate, and balanced
- Give a high-profile position to good news about schools
- Visit the schools
- Maintain a policy of no surprises by sharing information with school representatives
The simple process begins in April of each year:
- Submit the names of reporters and media outlets to be honored for the current school year when the online form opens.
- A personalized certificate for each name and organization submitted is mailed to the district staff member who completed the form.
- We also provide you with a sample resolution so you can make a certificate presentation for each honoree as well as a sample news release to forward to local media.
- Honoree names are posted online on the TASB website in mid-June.
Questions about the program or the nominations process? Email email@example.com.