Your needs and duties as a board officer are unique, and TASB supports you with an equally unique remote coaching program that helps you elevate your leadership skills in six weeks.
A Journey to Excellence: Board Officers’ Academy Remote Coaching is offered twice a year, with the program beginning in mid-January and mid-July. Classes for the next cohort of the program begin the week of January 16.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Understand the roles of school board officers
- Run an effective meeting
- Successfully work with different personality types
- Provide useful feedback to other board members
You'll also receive up to 13.75 hours of credit for completing all weekly sessions and three one-hour sessions of one-on-one coaching.
Related article: Hear from the Trustees in TASB's First Digital Board Officers' Academy
Learning and live webinars
Each week, a new online learning module will be added so you can explore the week’s topic through brief online materials. After completing the online materials, the class will meet online for a live webinar with the remote coach. Participants will discuss the group’s questions about the topic of the week and get additional resources and insights.
Three one-hour one-on-one coaching sessions are included in this course. Use this time to explore anything that was covered in the course as well as any other topics you might need help with. If you need additional coaching, the service is available for an additional fee.
- Week 1: Roles and Responsibilities of Board Officers
- Week 2: Robert’s Rules of Order for Board Officers
- Week 3: Using Robert’s Rules as a Presiding Officer
- Week 4: Working with Different Personalities on the Board
- Week 5: Working with Challenging Personalities on the Board
- Week 6: Providing Feedback
Log in to the TASB Online Learning Center (OLC) using your TASB credentials to learn more about A Journey to Excellence: Board Officers’ Academy Remote Coaching. If you need assistance with your TASB account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear from past participants
Watch these videos to hear what past participants have to say about A Journey to Excellence: Board Officers’ Academy Remote Coaching: