The New Policy Online™
We upgraded our system to improve the product and our service to members. These changes are the result of nearly four years of behind-the-scenes work that included gathering input from districts about what they liked in Policy Online and how it could be improved.
"We are grateful to the 452 board members and 641 administrators who responded to our January 2019 survey and the many respondents who agreed to participate in further follow-up. We also appreciate the feedback you’ve given us in phone calls with your policy consultant, during consultant visits to your districts, and in the halls at conventions." -Kristi Clark, Policy Service Division Director.
Whether you use this tool to manage a policy manual, find information, share resources, or help others, we want you to have an easy and efficient experience.
How did Policy Online change?
For board members and the public
Policy manual access is the same (no login required), but with an updated look.
Most importantly, we want to make your job easier! Changes include:
- New and enhanced features.
- An updated design for your online board policy manual.
- Responsive mobile design so you can access Policy Online from a desktop, mobile phone, or tablet.
Several pages also moved from the Policy Service Resource Library to the new application, including:
- Local Manual Updates
- Adoption notification
- Policy consultant search
- Policy Manual Update Resources
- The TASB Policy Reference Manual (PRM)
- The Community College Policy Reference Manual (CCPRM)
Some resources are still in the Policy Service Resource Library, including:
- Regulation Resource Manual (RRM)
- Model Student Handbook (MSHB)
- Model Student Code of Conduct (MSCOC)
- Policy Alerts
What are some new and enhanced features?
With the improvements, you can now:
- Customize your board actions and adoption dates for numbered updates by individual policy or submit in bulk.
- Submit and view adoption dates in your online board policy manual.
- Review a list of pending numbered updates and individual pending policies from numbered updates.
- Include links to policy related materials in the application, like your student and employee handbooks, administrative forms, and regulations.
Where can I find help to learn how to use the new tools and processes?
Available support includes:
- A user’s guide with video tutorials and step-by-step guides
- Help text in the application
- Upcoming scheduled webinars
You can also contact us Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What do I need to update?
Your Policy Online login changed as part of the TASB-wide initiative to improve security and simplify account access. To log in:
- Your user ID is now your email address.
- Your password will need to meet more secure requirements.
Links to your policy manual
The Policy Online URL (web address) for your board policy manual changed, so you will need to update links to your online manual. Alert your webmaster and employees in charge of publications that public and internal hyperlinks to your Policy Online page will need to be updated with the new URL we provided on Sept. 14, including links in these locations:
- Your website
- Publications such as student and employee handbooks
- Internal hyperlinks
- Browser bookmarks
To minimize disruption and give you time to make changes, your old links will redirect to the correct pages in the new Policy Online through the end of the school year.
How can I share this update with community members?
You can share the information below on your website.
[Insert school name]’s online policy manual is getting an upgrade! Because parents and the community play a vital role in the education of all students, we want to inform you of some new and exciting changes. Beginning on September 14, 2022, [insert school name]’s online policy manual will have a new look and features to improve your search experience. Thanks for your support in all that we do at [insert school name]!