2016-17 Student Video Contest
Show the World Why Your School ROCKS!
What makes your school exceptional? Why do you love it so much? How has your school earned the support of the community? What makes Texas public schools the best choice? Make a video to show the world why your school ROCKS! You just might win some money for your classroom or campus!
Want to know what it takes to win?
- Take a look at the winners from the last Student Video Contest in 2015 to get some ideas.
- Read over the contest rules and specifications before you get started.
- View the judging and evaluation form to see the guidelines used for the judging process.
- Work together with your classmates and put your heart into it. Every school is different, so use this video to tell us why yours is so special to you, so that we can show everyone why they should stand behind Texas public schools.
Entry Rule Highlights
- Participating school district must be an active member of TASB.
- The video must be an original work.
- Only one video per school campus may be entered.
- Video entries should be between 30 seconds and two minutes in length.
- Entries will be accepted December 1, 2016-January 13, 2017.*
- A student producer/director and sponsoring teacher/administrator must be designated.
- Contest participation must be approved by the campus principal.
- A written release is required from each person distinctly featured or involved in the production of the video.
- Written permission must be obtained for all copyrighted or trademarked materials.
Note: There is no entry fee to participate.
* Deadlines may be extended by TASB and notice of any extended deadline will be published on TASB’s website.
Additional information about video specifications, the submission process, prizes, and more can be found here