2016-17 Student Video Contest
Congratulations to this year's winners!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2016-17 Student Video Contest. Nearly 120 campuses across the state created videos to show the world why their school ROCKS! After weeks of judging and deliberation, it is finally time to announce the winners of this year's Student Video Contest. Check out the winning videos and the rest of the contest video gallery.
Want to know what it takes to win?
The Student Video Contest happens every two years, so be sure to check back in Fall of 2018 for details on how your school can participate! In the meantime, keep in mind the following information from the 2016-17 Student Video Contest.
- Take a look at the winners from the last Student Video Contest in 2015 to get some ideas.
- Read over the contest rules and specifications before you get started.
- View the judging and evaluation form to see the guidelines used for the judging process.
- Work together with your classmates and put your heart into it. Every school is different, so use this video to tell us why yours is so special to you, so that we can show everyone why they should stand behind Texas public schools.
Entry rule highlights
- Participating school district must be an active member of TASB.
- The video must be an original work.
- Only one video per school campus may be entered.
- Video entries should be between 30 seconds and two minutes in length.
- Entries will be accepted December 1, 2016-January 13, 2017.*
- A student producer/director and sponsoring teacher/administrator must be designated.
- Contest participation must be approved by the campus principal.
- A written release is required from each person distinctly featured or involved in the production of the video.
- Written permission must be obtained for all copyrighted or trademarked materials.
Note: There is no entry fee to participate.
* Deadlines may be extended by TASB and notice of any extended deadline will be published on TASB’s website.
Additional information about video specifications, the submission process, prizes, and more can be found here