TASB Membership Categories
TASB offers three levels of membership in the Association:
Active members consist of the boards of Texas public school districts and education service centers. Active members have voting privileges in the Association and may participate in all of TASB's services.
Annual membership dues for Active members are recommended by the TASB Board and approved by TASB's Delegate Assembly. The dues year of the Association is January 1 through December 31. Contact Anisa Pope at 800-580-8272 or 512-467-0222 for specific dues information.
Associate members consist of educational cooperatives, community colleges, and central appraisal districts. These organizations may participate in TASB's services, but they have no voting privileges in the Association and are not eligible to hold office in TASB.
Annual membership dues for Associates are approved by the TASB Board. Contact Anisa Pope at 800-580-8272 or 512-467-0222 for dues information.
Affiliate members are open-enrollment and college/university charter schools in Texas. These organizations may participate in TASB services (where eligible), but they have no voting privileges in the Association and are not eligible to hold office in TASB. Membership and participation fees are charged by county district number.
A TASB affiliate membership includes many benefits:
- Texas Lone Star magazine, published 10 times a year (available in print, online, and by mobile app);
- The Star electronic newsletter published monthly January–November, providing up-to-the-minute news and deadline information;
- Full-featured TASB Website (tasb.org) and the password-protected area (myTASB) where members can access proprietary information;
- TASB Legal Services publications through the online School Law eSource or via alerts and advisories throughout the year;
- Access to services offered by TASB directly or indirectly through its affiliated entities (where eligible), upon payment of required fees;
- On-call assistance through the members' 800 number on topics related to public education in Texas; and
- Information on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter (@tasbnews and @tasbgr).
*TASB’s services are offered as is, without modification for affiliate members.
Annual membership fees for Affiliate Members are the same as for Active Members. For more information about Affiliate Membership, contact Anisa Pope at 800-580-8272 or 512-467-0222 for specific membership fee information.