The superintendent is the chief executive officer of the school district, responsible for its management and operations. The following are resources related to superintendent recruitment, contracts, and evaluation.
Your local school board policy manual contains TASB's (LEGAL) reference policies and board-adopted (LOCAL) policies. Your district may also have relevant administrative regulations. For more information on superintendents, see your district policy manual at the following codes:
||Qualifications and Duties|
||Recruitment and Appointment|
||Suspension/Termination During Contract|
- TASB Legal Services' Guide to Superintendent Contracts is a free online guide, available behind myTASB, that covers the legal information boards need when looking for a superintendent and provides a form contract with optional provisions.
TASB Leadership Team Services offers a wealth of resources on superintendent evaluations
, including a model instrument and advice on setting goals.
TASB Leadership Team Services offers a free podcast on superintendent evaluations as part of the Now Serving podcast series in the Online Learning Center
- The Texas Education Agency (TEA) Superintendent Salary Reports Web Site provides a searchable database of superintendent salaries, reported annually since the 2006-07 school year.
- The TEA Superintendent Payment Disclosure Web Site provides information about superintendent severance payments and a copy of the payment disclosure form.
- The TEA Educator Certification Web Site lists the superintendent certification requirements, includes a searchable database of certificates issued as well as provides disciplinary investigation information and other related resources.
- The TEA Administrator Appraisal rules detail both required and recommended performance domains and procedures for superintendent evaluations.